- To categorize the member countries by performance in competitions.
- To motivate the member countries to have performance competition goals.
- To reward the member countries on their performance in ACC competitions.
The rankings for 2009 - 2010 will stay in place until December 2012
- The ACC ranking system is based on a 2-year cycle for men’s cricket, as the range of age-group tournaments and ACC Trophy are completed over 2 years.
- The rankings are determined on the teams’ placings in the ACC Trophy, ACC U-19 and U-16 Cups.
- The teams with the minimum aggregate ranking points, based on their finishing positions in the tournaments are ranked highest.
|ACC Trophy Elite 2010||ACC U-19 Elite 2009||ACC U-16 Elite 2010||FINAL COMBINED|
|1. Afghanistan||1. Hong Kong||1. Singapore||1. Nepal
|2. Nepal||2. Afghanistan||2. Nepal||2. Hong Kong
|3. Hong Kong||3. Nepal||3. Malaysia||3. Malaysia
|4. Malaysia||4. Qatar||4. Hong Kong||4. Afghanistan
|5. Oman||5. Malaysia||5. Saudi Arabia||5. Singapore
|6. UAE||6. UAE||6. Bahrain||6. Oman
|7. Kuwait||7. Oman||7. Kuwait||7. Saudi Arabia
|8. Bhutan||8. Singapore||8. Thailand||8. Kuwait
|9. Singapore||9. Saudi Arabia||18. Qatar*||9. UAE
|18. Bahrain*||10. Bhutan||18. UAE*||10. Bhutan
|ACC Trophy Challenge 2010||ACC U-19 Challenge 2009||ACC U-16 Challenge 2010|
||11. Bahrain||11. Oman||11. Thailand
|12. Saudi Arabia
||12. Thailand||12. Iran||12. Bahrain
||13. Kuwait||13. Afghanistan||13. Qatar
||14. China||14. Bhutan||14. Maldives
||15. Maldives||15. China||15. Iran
||16. Myanmar||16. Maldives||16. China
||17. Iran||17. Myanmar||17. Myanmar
|18. Myanmar||18. Brunei||18. Brunei*||18. Brunei
(*) Did not participate
- The top two teams in each Challenge competition are promoted into the following two-year cycle’s Elite Division.
- The bottom two teams in each Elite competition are relegated to the Challenge Division in the following cycle.
- The ACC Women’s Tournaments are not included in the rankings system as not all members are participating in them.
- Countries who have not participated or are disqualified are given 18 points for each tournament missed.