- ACC T20, Nepal vs UAE: Nepal won the toss and elected to bat first.
- With big crowd behind them, Nepali openers, Subash Khakurel and Anil Mandal, scored 4 runs in first over bowled by Amjad Javed.
- Subash pulls a four over cover and glides another four to third-man region to send crowd roaring. Already a big crowd here.
- Anil hits Irfan Ahmed for four off a free hit before the bowler made a comeback with three dot balls to end the over. Nepal: 18/0 in 2 overs.
- WICKET, Anil Mandal is run out. He hesitates to take a quick single before running for it and direct hit undid him. Nepal 19/1 in 2.3 overs.
- Nepal 23/1 in 3 overs. Sharad Vesawkar, who was dropped in yesterday's match, is new man in. Pradeep Airee and Rahul BK is dropped today. Sanjam is also in playing XI today.
- WICKET, Subash Khakurel's weakness against spin exposed once again. Shadeep Silva strikes in first over for UAE. Subash made 14. Gyanendra Malla walks to center.
- Shadeep Silva strikes again trapping Gyanendra Malla lbw for duck. Nepal's captain Paras Khadka walks in. Nepal 26/3 in 4 overs.
- Nepal 32/3 after 6 overs. Batsmen now playing Shadeep Silva cautiously, UAE are all ecstatic.
- Amjad Javed bowls a brilliant over giving away just one run. Sharad finding it hard to connect. Nepal 33/3 in 7 overs.
- WICKET, big wicket. Captain Paras Khadka is caught at long off boundary. He goes without scoring. Nepal 37/4 in 8 over. Mehboob Alam is new batsman.
- WICKET, Sharad Vesawkar edged Ahmed Raza to wicket-keeper. Raza's second wicket after Paras. Nepal 47/5 in 10th over.
- Nepal pegged down, half of the team is out before the half-way through without half-a-hundred runs. Nepal 49/5 in 10 overs. UAE bowling well and Nepali batsmen are not coping with that well.
- SIX, first one of the match by Mehboob Alam who lofted Khurram Khan over extra-cover. Nepal 59/5 in 11 overs.
- WICKET, Mehboob Alam is bowled by Mustafa. Alam tried to defend but the ball went through. Binod Bhandari is new batsman.
- Nepal 67/6 in 15 overs. UAE must be looking to restrict Nepal below 100. Prithu Baskota and Binod Bhandari are taking singles now and then.
- SIX, Binod Bhandari goes down on a knee and sweeps one over extra cover. Crowd loved that.
- 14 runs off the over as Prithu Baskota glides one through gully. Nepal 81/6 and four more overs to go.
- WICKET, Binod Bhandari is caught by gully fielder as his attempt to hit at cover top-edged. Ahmed Raza gets his third.
- WICKET, Prithu Baskota goes in similar fashion trying to hit Khurram Khan. Nepal now 83/8 in 18th over. Basant Regmi and Sanjam Regmi are new men at the center.
- Sanjam Regmi edges four. Nepal 88/8 in 18 overs.
- Nepal 93/8 with one over to go. Sanjam tries reverse sweep twice, connects both time, gets a run each time.
- Wicket, Basant Regmi is stumped. Mustafa bowled brilliant last over, quick ones, four dots and two singles as Nepal ends at 95/9 in 20 overs.
- Not a great batting performance by Nepal and UAE should be happy with their bowling performance. It won't be easy for Nepal to win the match from here... UAE surely has an upper hand now unless they decide to bat senseless.
- Amrit Bhattarai to bowl first over. UAE openers walk in.
- Amrit Bhattarai bowls aggressively, including a bouncer. UAE 7/0 in 1 over. Off-spinner Sanjam Regmi to bowl second over.
- Asif is dropped twice so far, both time he hits too high on the air, both time Sharad failed to judge well, first one was a tough chance, second one should have been easy. UAE 10/0 in 2 overs. Target: 96
- SIX, Asif pulls Amrit on mid-wicket. Brilliant shot on frontfoot, the ball traveled like a bullet.
- WICKET, Amjad Ali hits Amrit straight to mid-off where Sanjam Regmi takes the catch. UAE 19/1 in 3rd over.
- Asif is finding it difficult to play Sanjam. UAE 25/1 in 4 overs. Target: 96
- Shaiman hits Sanjam for a six at square leg after hitting him a boundary through cover. UAE going on well at 42/1 in 6 overs.
- WICKET, Asif cuts Basant Regmi straight to gully where Paras Khadka takes a catch. Khurram Khan comes in.
- Paras Khadka bowls off-break and gives away 3 runs in an over. Paras normally bowls pace. UAE 47/2 in 8 overs. Target: 96
- Sanjam Regmi changes end and gives away only 2 runs. But that's end of his quota, in which he gives 22 runs. UAE at 49/2 after 9 overs needing 96 to defeat Nepal.
- UAE is 54/2 in 10 overs; needs 42 more in next 10 overs, should not be any problem for them to get that total.
- Anwar hits four to Prithu Baskota to take UAE to 61/2 in 11 overs. A few spectators lost hopes and are leaving the ground.
- DROPPED, Khurram Khan is dropped by Basant Regmi at extra-cover; was a straight forward catch. Nepal's fielding is below-par today. Paras ends with 2 runs in the over. UAE 63/2 in 12 overs. Target: 96.
- WICKET, Shaiman Anwar goes after scoring brilliant 33. Caught at long-off by Sanjam Regmi.
- WICKET, now Khurram Khan goes straight to Gyanendra Malla at mid-on. For Amrit, two wickets in two balls, and is playing savior. Can he completes a hattrick?
- No hattrick. UAE 66/4 in 13 runs, requires 30 runs off last 7 overs to win. Nepal need 6 wickets.
- UAE is now focusing on singles and quick runs, good for them as they don't require too much. From Nepal's perspective, wickets is what they need. UAE 70/4 in 14 overs. Target: 96
- A few water bottles in thrown inside the ground; police chasing spectators out of ground and a few stones are thrown into the ground. Match has stopped now, groundsmen clearing field and a couple of hundred policemen are stationed.
- Match resumes.
- Half of the crowd is gone now. UAE 85/4 in 16 overs. Target 96.
- UAE nears victory. 91/4 in 17 overs needing 5 more runs to defeat Nepal.
- Prithu Baskota bowls well but UAE does not need to be aggressive here. They now need 2 runs in 2 overs for victory.
- VICTORY! UAE defeats Nepal by 6 wickets with Vikrant Shetty hits four at the long-on to end the comprehensive victory in 18.3 overs.
- Good performance by UAE. They bowled well, batted patiently as required and walk away with the second win in two days. Hosts Nepal have themselves to blame for the loss. Congratulations UAE.
ACC Twenty20 Cup, Day 2
Nepal vs UAE at TU Ground
UAE WON BY SIX WICKETS
Nepal won the toss and chose to bat
Nepal: 96 for 9 in 20 overs (S.Silva 2-18, A. Raza 3-12, R.Mustafa 2-13)
UAE: 99 for 4 in 18.3 overs (S. Anwar 33, A. Bhattarai 3-25)
Man of the Match: Ahmed Raza (UAE)
Filed December 5th, 2011